My hair. Oh, the poor thing. For starters, it’s naturally very wavy, very thick, dry and coarse.
Then I go and bleach it, and subject it to different hair colours most months. It goes without saying, my hair is dye-ing. It needs help. Serious help. When HQ Hair kindly sent me this TIGI Catwalk Headshot shampoo and conditioner*, I’m not gonna lie, I was a little bit excited…
Because of my damaged and coloured hair, I try to only use sulphate-free shampoos, and nourishing conditioners – preferably without silicones in them, as I don’t see the point in coating my hair in a plastic-sheen just for it to remain as damaged underneath.
|TIGI Catwalk Headshot Shampoo and Conditioner|
So here we have them – TIGI Catwalk – Headshot reconstructive shampoo for chemically treated hair and TIGI Catwalk – Headshot reconstructive intense conditioner for chemically treated hair.
Nice, easy to remember, short names then eh?!
This duo ticked all the boxes on first look, and with the product claims:
- sulphate free shampoo
- ‘reconstructive formula, designed for chemically treated hair’
- claims to progressively repair the hair after each wash
- says it works to reduce breakage and split ends
- Packaging – it has a handy twist-top, instead of a cap, which can be turned one handed. Might not sound a big deal, but for me, the serial lid-dropper, it’s a bonus (seriously, every.single.time).
- The scent – it’s kind of minty, kind of fruity at the same time… that makes no sense, I know, but you just have to smell it to get it. It took a little getting used to, as I normally like herbal scents, but it’s a sweet treat.
- Leaves hair clean and really soft.
- Gives a nice smooth finish to the hair, helps to control frizz and leaves a great shine.
- The shampoo is REALLY thick, so it doesn’t spread through hair easily. However, if you lather it in your hands first, this helps.
- Although it’s sulphate-free, I find it does shift colour a little more than other sulphate-free shampoos I use. It’s not a deal-breaker, but just something to be aware of.
- It leaves hair soft, but I find it doesn’t detangle that well. Nothing a good comb through can’t help though.
Would I repurchase?
- Bed Head Small Talk – great for putting in damp wavy hair, for giving definition and a boost
- Bed Head After Party – despite being in a bottle that often has people commenting that it looks like a sex toy, it’s a great smoothing cream that adds a bit of shine and just ‘niceness’ – yeah, technical.
TIGI Bed Head After Party – See what I mean?
- TIGI S-Factor Flat Iron Spray – it works so well at keeping hair straight, but the smell is a little too overpowering for me to use all the time. So I fall in and out of love with this one.
- Bed Head Control Freak Serum – the green glittery goo! Best TIGI product, fact. If you have wavy, curly, frizzy, annoying hair… you need to make friends with this.